Skip to main content

Entwined Hearts step-by-step by Nick Roberts

If you liked the Entwined dies that our Leonie bought you earlier in the month then you'll LOVE the embossing folders that co-ordinate with the dies that Leonie is launching this Thursday! We're so excited that we asked a member of her talented design team, Nick Roberts to share a step-by-step with us, showing just how versatile the range really is. 

Morning, I am very excited to be sharing this project with you today. The lovely Leonie, is launching some brand new goodies for us on Wednesday evening at 8pm on Hochanda. All I will say is that they are wonderful and are designed specially to co-ordinate with the 'Entwined Hearts' die cutting range. That said they are so versatile and work really well as a stand alone essential or any of your existing stash.

Beginning with the 'Dotty Heart'  embossing folder from the new collection, I embossed a piece of parchment. To ensure the parchment didn't tear or buckle, I placed it between a folded sheet of copier paper.


Next, from black card I cut the ''Folk Heart'' base die as I wanted the frame and one heart, I kept the other for a future project.


I stuck the heart frames onto my parchment using 3D glue gel, to give a different look on each I used the embossed side on one and the debossed side on the other.


I then roughly cut out 2 pieces of red 'Silk Art' card and adhered it to the back of my parchment hearts using 'Stick It' adhesive sheets, this allows the colour to show through more where the parchment touches and highlights the embossing. I then trimmed around these using scissors, it's very easy because of the frame.


Next, I took one of the heart dies cuts. Using the Flitter Glue from Indigo Blu, I stamped the lovely 'Script' stamp from the range at an angle.


Then taking a sheet of gold foil, I placed over the heart and gently burnished it with a soft cloth. Removed the sheet leaving it beautifully foiled.

For the card front I took a piece of black card stock measuring 7' square. Using the sweetheart stamp and Flitter Glue, I stamped and foiled in the same way as the heart. I then repeated this with a small detail stamp from the collection, to add highlights mainly focused around the top right and bottom left hand corners with just a suggestion in other areas and set aside.


Next I took a piece of red 'Silk Art' card, approximately 7 3/4'' square and a piece of parchment large enough to fold around and leave a 5 mm fold for securing at the back. I folded the edges over to mark but did not secure it until later.Taking the parchment and script stamp, I randomly stamped around the edges with white Stazon ink. There's no need to stamp anywhere else as it will be covered.


I folded this back over my red card and secured at the back with red liner tape.

Next, I arranged my hearts on the card front and secured them with foam tape and 3D glue gel to raise them from the background.

I backed the script background with a black card base and secured with Cosmic Shimmer Glue from Creative Expressions.

To finish my card, I secured thin organza ribbon across the two opposite corners using red liner tape and added it to my base card with 3D glue gel.


I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared and the little taster of the wonderful crafting goodies that Leonie will be bringing for the One Day Special.


Tune in to see Leonie launch her One Day Special on Hochanda for more demos on Thursday 30th June at 8pm and the following day, Friday 1st July at 9am, 12pm, 4pm & 7pm! 

You can watch Hochanda live online, Sky channel 663, Freeview 39 (6am - 9pm) or Freesat 817.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Glittery Star Using the Vivi Gade Paper Star Strips

We're thrilled to welcome Lotte  Littau, the co-founder and co-owner of Creativ Company to Hochanda this week. She's travelled all the way from Denmark to bring you incredible shows across three days, showcasing the Christmas paper range from Creativ Company. Lotte will be bringing you lots of demonstrations throughout her shows on how you can use all of these beautiful papers to create a Scandi Christmas this year. Here's just one of the projects Lotte will be showing this week...  Step 1. Half two 2.5cm wide paper star strips. Now only use three of the four paper star strips. Step 2. Double over each of the three paper star strips and cut all the ends at an angle. Put a star strip around another star strip and fold it tightly three times around this star strip. This is illustrated in the picture. Repeat this process with the other two star strips. Step 3. Assemble the three paper star strips over and under each other, forming three double le

Join us at the Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts show!

Join us at this year's Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts Show!  2nd - 5th November NEC Birmingham. You can grab the hottest ICHF Event tickets right here ! This year's Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts show is going to be even bigger and better than ever, not only will you be able to explore the latest crafting supplies, exclusive product launches and expert demonstrations - a true crafters paradise; there is also free entry to Simply Christmas and Cake International! Taking place at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) Birmingham from the 2nd - 5th November, discover a whole new world full of creative inspiration all under one roof - and this year there is no compromise! We will be broadcasting live for a full 4 hours a day joined by our very own presenter enthusiasts including Leonie Pujol, Yiannis Morgan, Hayley West, Dave Bradford and Matt MacNamara. Conducting live demonstrations, audience Q&A’s and photo signing opportunities, this is your opportuni

Card GIVEAWAY - One Day Special - Dies by Sue Wilson

The wonderful John Lockwood launches beautiful dies from Sue Wilson, as the One Day Special this evening.  I managed to grab John on his way in (he didn't even manage to get in the studio) and get one of his lovely cards as our give away.  It's extra special as it's got Johns signature on it :) If you would like to be in with a chance of winning this lovely card, then add your comment to this post. Tune in to Hochanda every day 24/7 for lots of fun and crafty demonstrations! Watch our programmes live >  Hochanda.com You can also tune into Hochanda on Freeview channel 39, Sky channel 663 or Freesat  817.